SPORTS PREMIUM FUNDING
What it is:The government is investing in Primary School Physical Education and School Sport. Each primary school receives £8000 plus £5 per pupil to be spent on developing the quality of PE for their pupils.
How did we spend our Sports Premium in 2015 - 2016?
(please see document below for full detail)
* Improvements have been made to the school hall to enhance indoor sports delivery.
* The ‘Skipping School’. The school has invested in a very large number of high quality skipping ropes that will be made available to pupils at playtimes and lunchtimes.
* Gaelic football training was completed with the Year 4 class in the spring/summer terms.
* Regular Football Club - Younger pupils in Key Stage 1 and Reception have now been included in the football clubs offered. Parkside has continued to be represented at most football tournaments available within the Family of School PE offer.
* ‘Bikeability’ training for all Year 6 Pupils.
* Leeds Rhinos Rugby has run sessions with Reception - Year 6 children.
* Dance lessons for all children in Reception to Year 6. This has also contributed towards staff CPD supporting them in their delivery of high quality dance.
* We subscribed to Leeds Active Schools which gives access to CPD for staff. The children have also been able to access city wide competitions through Active Schools.
* We are part of the Leeds West Sports Partnership which is based at Priesthorpe School. Last year all classes from Year 1 to Year 6 were involved in sports festivals with children from other schools in the locality.
Sports Premium Funding Planned Expenditure 2016 - 2017
Sports Premium Funding Overview 2015 - 2016
- About Our School
- Educational Visits
- Ethos & Values
- OFSTED Report
- Our Governing Body
- Letters home
- School Council
- School Organisation
- School Performance Data
- School Policies
- Sports Premium Funding
- Virtual Tour
- Weekly Newsletters
- Working With Other Schools
- Guest Clubs & Leaflets
- Investors In Pupils
- PTA - FoCP
- PE and Sports Competitions